Friday, September 11, 2009

God Rejoices In Our Progress

This evening I'll be visiting my little buddies! To say I'm excited is an understatement!

I miss these children so much now that I only visit about once a month! The other night we stopped by their home to pick up something from mom and dad. Mom told us the kids very excitedly asked them if they were going out! That warmed my heart:-)

It's been a full, somewhat stressful week. I typically look forward to Friday nights these days as a chance to relax, unwind, and have quiet time alone. My husband currently works on Friday evenings. Tonight though, I will benefit from the energy and abandon that is contagious in the presence of children.

I imagine God delights in us in the same way! When we run to Him and throw our arms around Him, His heart is warmed, just as mine is every time I see my little buddies.

I think that just as I delight in seeing the progress the boys have made - they're in big boy beds now - and share in the newly acquired reading and conversation skills of big sister, God delights in our progress too.

Each baby step we take toward Him is a reason to rejoice! He loves us so much! I'm sure I'll have an update over the weekend:-)

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!
    Hope you have a wonderful evening.
    Blessings,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a wonderful time! Have a great weekend. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    Here is hoping that God blesses you overflowing today when you spend time with these precious children.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete