Friday, April 17, 2009

God's Ready, Set, Go! Part 2 - Set

Click to read Part 1 of God's Ready, Set, Go!

As a quick review, I compared the process the twins run through as they prepare to race their trucks down the hall with how we prepare to do what God has called us to do. After we have completed the "Ready" steps, we need to get "set."

1) Once we have determined what it is God desires us to do we need to refine our determination. Does the original revelation still make sense? Have we been accurate in our understanding?

2) After we have received training or spent time learning about a particular ministry or ministry area, we need to determine if we have received enough training or had enough experience to do the work we believe God is calling us to. Is this the way we are carry out the work? Is this the vehicle or should we create or start our own group, team or mission opportunity?

3) Evaluate the advice and feedback you have received from others in light of what you have discovered through answering the questions posed in (1) and (2) above. Does their advice still apply? If not, is it because God has revealed a new/better path than your original plan? Do you need to revisit your new understanding of God's plan for you with those you trust?

4) Continue to call out to God that you are ready to do His will. Confirm to Him that you are willing to wait on His timing and His plan. Ask God to reveal His plan with greater clarity and understanding while you wait and prepare to "Go!"


I shared in my fist post, "The twins will, indeed wait for me. They will not move an inch until I tell them to go. Oh that I would have that kind of self-discipline and endurance in the race of life!"

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. (Acts 20:24 NIV)

[ God Disciplines His Sons ] Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1 NIV)

2 comments:

  1. We all long to have the steadfastness to wait on GOD until He says, "ready, set, GO!!"

    Awesome post...andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great [follow up] post! I am so blessed to have met wonderful sisters in Christ and through your posts, they encourage me to keep getting up if I stumbled, speed up a little bit if walking slower, or wait for the others if I am going too fast! One day, it will be so great to finish that race and we are altogether in it, helping...instead of competing with each other...God bless you sis Mary.

    ReplyDelete